Bebop Spoken There
Today Monday March 2
Classic Jazz, Raffles and a jolly afternoon.
Monday, March 02, 2015
(Review by Lance)
Sunday, March 01, 2015
(Review by Lance).
Saturday, February 28, 2015
Friday, February 27, 2015
Don't know if you realised but Maurizio Minardi, who is playing at Hexham Jazz Club next Thursday (March 5), was one of the musicians with the RSC who came into the caff one weekend in March 2012 for the Sunday Jam (playing piano), and then joined us the following Thursday playing soprano sax. He's a very talented musician with a great lyrical approach. It should be a great gig!
Thursday, February 26, 2015
(Review by Lance).
- Splinter @ the Bridge present Tipping Point – Marc...
- Folk Meets Jazz @ the Globe: Coming This Thursday ...
- Book Review: The Best Gig in Town - Jazz Artists a...
- CD Review: Pete Oxley & Nicolas Meier - Chasing Ta...
- Smokin’ Spitfires @ The Cluny. Mar 1
- February Favourites
- Take it to the Bridge @ The Chillingham. February ...
- Roly Veitch & Giles Strong @ The Jazz Café. Februa...
- Redemption Jazz @ The Globe, Newcastle. Feb. 28
- ▼ March ( 10 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.