Bebop Spoken There
Today Friday March 27.
Friday, March 27, 2015
SummerTyne Americana Festival is TEN! To celebrate the tenth birthday, festival organisers are delighted to announce that they are staging a weekend long party and inviting some of their most famous and legendary friends along, as well as the pick of the new crop of breakthrough acts. This jam-packed weekend brings the finest American roots music, from both sides of the Atlantic and this year’s festival presents a strong seam of southern soul, blues and gospel alongside a sensational cast of country, rock and Americana stars.
(Review by Lance).
Thursday, March 26, 2015
(Review by Lance).
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Monday, March 23, 2015
Read about it here.
More info here.
- James Birkett & Bradley Johnston @ The Lit & Phil....
- SUMMERTYNE AMERICANA FESTIVAL 2015 ANNOUNCES LINE ...
- CD Review: Mikkel Ploug Trio - At Black Tornado.
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival – so close, ...
- CD Review: Nick Sanders Trio - You Are a Creature....
- Durham beckons on Friday
- CD Review: The Ted Howe Jazz Orchestra – Pinnacle...
- CD Review Samadhi Quintet - The Dance of Venus
- As one door closes…
- CD Review: George Crowley - Can of Worms
- Jazz Coop G M.
- CD Review: Carlos Averhoff Jr. - iRESI.
- Jason Isaacs - back at Bonbar this Sunday - start ...
- Jazz Coop @ The Globe: Debra Milne Ensemble – Marc...
- Tam de Villiers Quartet @ The Bridge Hotel. March ...
- CD Review: Vicky Tilson Quartet – Mojo Risin'
- Some Like It Hot @ Victoria Vaults York
- CD Review: John Bailey - Black Ship Bright Sea
- Bruce Adams w. Paul Edis Trio @ Jazz Café - March ...
- CD Review: Courtney Pine - Song (The Ballad Book)
- The Collective @ Hoochie Coochie - March 19.
- RIP June Bowman (nee Barnes)
- RIP Samuel Charters
- The Scottish National Jazz Orchestra Directed by T...
- CD Review: Bob Dylan - Shadows in the Night
- Jazz Café Jam - March 17.
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival – it’s almos...
- Strictly Smokin’ Big Band @ The Black Bull, Blaydo...
- T J Johnson @ Darlington New Orleans Jazz Club - M...
- Dave Newton & Dean Stockdale @ The Globe Jazz Bar ...
- Cubop Spoken Here. Havana Club 5 + Heaton Horns @ ...
- CD Review Doc Bowling and his Blues Professors – B...
- Faye MacCalman & John Pope @ The Jazz Café. March ...
- Edis Sextet on Jazz Record Requests
- CD Review: Chris McNulty - Eternal
- Rendezvous Jazz @ The Black Horse, Monkseaton. Mar...
- CD Review: Benny Sharoni - Slant Signature
- TAKE THE GREEN TRAIN: A SEMINAR ON SUSTAINABILITY ...
- Pilgrim St Set @ Hoochie Coochie - March 12. (Take...
- Pilgrim St Set @ Hoochie Coochie - March 12.
- ST CUTHBERT’S CENTRE JAZZ
- Mercy! Mercy! Mercy! @ Newcastle Arts Centre March...
- Paul Edis Trio @ The Cherry Tree, March 11
- A superb site to visit.
- Charlie Parker Remembered Poetically 60 years on.
- Anyone recognise this lady?
- Improvisers’ Workshop: Jazz Cafe: Tuesday March 10...
- CD Review: Ernesto Cervini - Turboprop.
- Bird Lives!
- Election Results In
- CD Review: Joanne Tatham - Out of My Dreams.
- Beatrix Ward-Fernandez Improv Workshop @ Bridge Ho...
- CD Review: The Susan Krebs Chamber Band - Simple G...
- Jazz North East & Splinter @ the Bridge present a ...
- CD Review: Jakob Bro – Gefion
- Buskers in Barcelona
- RIP Lew Soloff
- Great North Big Band Jazz Festival (Day 3) @ North...
- Folk Meets Jazz @ The Globe: Thursday March 5
- CD Review: Eberhard Weber – Encore
- Ruth Lambert & Mick Shoulder @ Jazz Café - March 7...
- R.J. Feathers' Blues Band @ The Globe Jazz Bar - M...
- Great North Big Band Jazz Festival (Day 2) @ North...
- The Boys From Bucharest
- The Lindsay Hannon Plus @ Ashington Jazz Club Mar...
- Paul Edis Trio @ Jazz Café - March 6
- The Mick Donnelly Academy of Music
- Great North Big Band Jazz Festival (Day 1) @ North...
- The Beeb Salutes International Women’s Day
- CD Review: Ryan Truesdell - Lines of Colour
- King’s Hall Student Performances. March 5
- Lickety Split/Take it to the Bridge @ The Chilling...
- Azymuth @ Hoochie Coochie = March 5
- Success for National Jazz Archive ‘Story of Britis...
- Dean Stockdale and Dave Newton at The Globe!
- King's Hall Preview
- Jazz Clubs World Wide
- Jammin' @ The Caff - March 3
- Did You Go Agogo?
- Three Days and Counting to the Big Band Event of t...
- CD Review: Phil Donkin – The Gate
- Folk Meets Jazz @ the Globe: Coming This Thursday ...
- CD Review: Mal Waldren Trio - Soul Eyes
- Splinter @ the Bridge present Tipping Point – Marc...
- Book Review: The Best Gig in Town - Jazz Artists a...
- CD Review: Pete Oxley & Nicolas Meier - Chasing Ta...
- Smokin’ Spitfires @ The Cluny. Mar 1
- February Favourites
- Take it to the Bridge @ The Chillingham. February ...
- Roly Veitch & Giles Strong @ The Jazz Café. Februa...
- Redemption Jazz @ The Globe, Newcastle. Feb. 28
- ▼ March ( 92 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.