Bebop Spoken There
Today Sunday April 19
Saturday, April 18, 2015
Friday, April 17, 2015
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Charles Gordon/Ken Hewitt Duo are at the Vermont Hotel every Tuesday (circa 9pm).
Our fly on the wall tells me that DUBB did indeed jazz up Andy and Kim's reception!
They're also available for Bar Mitzvahs and gigs at a jazz club near you.
And, who knows, Wimbledon Jazz Club in June - the ball's in your court Andy!
- Paul Skerritt Band @ The Jazz Café - April 17.
- CD Review: Helen Tzatzimakis - Soulfully
- Phil Hudson Quintet w. Laura Adams @ Hoochie Cooch...
- CD Review: Eyal Vilner Big band - Almost Sunrise
- CD Review: Andy Sheppard Quartet – Surrounded by ...
- CD Review: Alexander Hawkins Trio - Alexander Hawk...
- Charles Gordon/Ken Hewitt Duo @ Vermont Hotel.
- Durham University Big Band News
- GIJF DayThree: Loose Tubes + Andy Sheppard & Rita ...
- GIJF Day Two: Double Bill: Zoe Gilby and Alice Zaw...
- GIJF: Day Three - Davina & the Vagabonds
- GIJF Day Three: Vocal Workshop with Alice Zawadzki...
- GIJF Day Three - The Cookers!
- GIJF Day Three: A couple of Duos on The Concourse
- GIJF Day Two: The Jazz Co-op Stand and other Matte...
- GIJF Day Two: Late Night Jam Session @ The Jazz Ca...
- GIJF Day Two: Beats and Pieces Big Band
- GIJF Day Two: On The Concourse
- GIJF Day Two: Kevin LeGendre and the Cookers explo...
- GIJF Day Two - Joshua Redman Trio
- GIJF Day One: James Birkett & Bradley Johnston
- GIJF Day One: Stan Tracey’s Under Milk Wood
- GIJF Day One: The Concourse and Other Matters
- GIJF Day One: David Sanborn/Jon Cleary & Jon Scofi...
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival – it’s here!...
- CD Review: Lauren Desberg - Twenty First Century P...
- The Dave Weisser Orchestra @ The Chilli. April 8
- CD Review: Babelfish - Chasing Rainbows
- Jazz Café Jam April 7
- CD Review: Daniel Herskedal - Slow Eastbound Train...
- Billie Holiday Centenary Tomorrow
- Ralph Sharon (Sept. 17, 1923 - March 31, 2015)
- Tom Harrison Quartet @ The Bridge Hotel Newcastle ...
- Katy Trigger/ Alan Law Duo @ Jazz Cafe - Easter Sa...
- New Century Ragtime Orchestra @ St. Augustine's Ch...
- Colin Dawson w. Levee Ramblers New Orleans Band Sp...
- Paul Edis @ The Jazz Café. Good Friday
- Ruth Lambert/Stuart Collingwood @ Vermont Hotel, N...
- Katherine Stone Band @ Ashington Jazz Club - April...
- LOOSE TUBES INTERVIEW (with Chris Batchelor)
- Jazz makes its debut at The Bessie Boyd
- CD Review: Paul Riley Quintet - Into View
- Tubb's Biography Ready to Roll
- Good Vibes From Warren
- Take it to the Bridge @ The Chillingham. April 1
- CD Review: Ben Cox Band - This Waiting Game
- Schmazz @ the JazzCafé presents Riff Raff – March...
- CD of the Month (March)
- Gig of the Month (March)
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival – ten days a...
- ▼ April ( 50 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.