Bebop Spoken There
“He [Rollins] would talk to you as if he was one of your mates." - Pat Crumly (Jazz Journal May 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Today Thursday December 5
New Orleans in nice pub with 4 real ales, good food and a banjo!
THE TEES HOT CLUB - Dormans, Oxford Rd., Linthorpe, Middlesborough, TS5 5DT. 01642 823813.
Gypsy jazz with guests.
MAINE STREET JAZZMEN - Marquis of Granby, Streetgate, Sunniside, NE16 5ES (on A692) 0191 4880954. Free. 8:45pm.
Good time Dixieland.
STRICTLY SMOKIN' BIG BAND - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 7pm. Free.
Powerhouse big band - good music and good beer. Monthly - Back January 30.
Monday, May 26, 2008
- ► 2013 ( 1019 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
- McCoy Tyner Trio Plus Joe Lovano At The Sage - A G...
- Main Street Jazzmen at the Iona Club
- The Hipster Says ...
- Stamps For Swinging Lovers
- Nothing Like A Dame
- Ruth Lambert Quintet at the Side Café
- Jazz Legacy
- RIP Brian Fisher
- Jazz At The Fell
- Ja-Da - Bob Wilber Soprano Sax
- Jason Moran presents In My Mind: Monk At Town Hall...
- Stu Collingwood Trio at The Side Café
- Their Army Knives Aren't Bad Either
- Alan Glen Trio
- Frank Sparrow - THE MAN - by John Taylor. UPDATED....
- Extreme Measures
- John Taylor - "Great Photos"
- Jimmy Giuffre "Train and the River"
- Jimmy Giuffre
- Michael Garrick Sextet at Caedman Hall
- Red Hot Chilli Arms
- Vasilis Xenopoulos & Paul Edis Trio at The Side Ca...
- The Song Is Ended But...
- Gwyneth at The Gala
- Killer Shrimp at Corner House
- ▼ May ( 32 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.