Bebop Spoken There
“Pure bluegrass music is very akin to jazz in that you really don't play the same tune the same way twice. There's a little improvisation there" - Cal Collins (Jazz Journal June 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Sunday Dec 15 Blaydon Jazz Club
Christmas Concert - including our usual DIY buffet (please bring along an item of food to add to the feast)
One of the North's finest straight ahead jazz pianists, Teesside's Jeremy McMurray, joins with Blaydon's own Roly Veitch on guitar, Neil Harland bass and Adam Sinclair drums and brilliant Charlie Parker inspired altoist Mark Toomey for an evening of songbook repertoire. We usually finish at 10.30 but as there will probably be a longer break for the buffet it will probably finish a bit later on Sunday - about 10.45 or thereabouts.
Today Friday December 13.
No Session this week - British Legion Club, Coatsworth Rd., Gateshead. 8:30pm.
Back next week.
MAINE STREET JAZZMEN - Gateshead Fell Cricket Club, Eastwood Gdns. (off Dryden Rd., Low Fell NE9 5UB. 8:30pm.
Private functions in December back on December 27..
Saturday, May 31, 2008
- ► 2013 ( 1042 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
- McCoy Tyner Trio Plus Joe Lovano At The Sage - A G...
- Main Street Jazzmen at the Iona Club
- The Hipster Says ...
- Stamps For Swinging Lovers
- Nothing Like A Dame
- Ruth Lambert Quintet at the Side Café
- Jazz Legacy
- RIP Brian Fisher
- Jazz At The Fell
- Ja-Da - Bob Wilber Soprano Sax
- Jason Moran presents In My Mind: Monk At Town Hall...
- Stu Collingwood Trio at The Side Café
- Their Army Knives Aren't Bad Either
- Alan Glen Trio
- Frank Sparrow - THE MAN - by John Taylor. UPDATED....
- Extreme Measures
- John Taylor - "Great Photos"
- Jimmy Giuffre "Train and the River"
- Jimmy Giuffre
- Michael Garrick Sextet at Caedman Hall
- Red Hot Chilli Arms
- Vasilis Xenopoulos & Paul Edis Trio at The Side Ca...
- The Song Is Ended But...
- Gwyneth at The Gala
- Killer Shrimp at Corner House
- ▼ May ( 32 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.