Bebop Spoken There
“When Benny [Goodman] died John Frosk called Jerry Dodgion and said 'I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that Benny died last night. The bad news is that he died in his sleep'.”- Phil Woods (Jazz Journal October 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Today Thursday December 19
New Orleans in nice pub with 4 real ales, good food and a banjo!
THE TEES HOT CLUB - Dormans, Oxford Rd., Linthorpe, Middlesborough, TS5 5DT. 01642 823813.
Gypsy jazz with guests.
MAINE STREET JAZZMEN - Marquis of Granby, Streetgate, Sunniside, NE16 5ES (on A692) 0191 4880954. Free. 8:45pm.
Good time Dixieland.
STRICTLY SMOKIN' BIG BAND - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 7pm. Free.
Powerhouse big band - good music and good beer. Back January 30.
PAUL SKERRITT BAND - Jackson's Wharf, Hartlepool. 9pm.
What else can you do in Hartlepool on a Thursday?
PAUL JAMES BAND - Jesmond Dene House Hotel, Jesmond. £46.50 inc. 3 course meal.
Festive Jazz Supper is the description.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Lunch = The Roly Veitch Trio + Sausage Sarnies
- ► 2013 ( 1065 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
- La Bonne Vie
- Jazz On A Summer's Day - NEJC End of Season Festiv...
- RIP Danny Moss - RIP Campbell Burnap
- The King is Dead - Long Live the King. Alan Barnes...
- Bebop Spoken There - The Chilli Arms
- SCHMAZZ @ the Cluny
- Many a true word...
- Live at the Side
- Mick Shoulder Quintet at the Side Cafe
- Bedtime for Drums
- Musical Definitions
- Good Vibes at the Chilli
- In Town Tonight
- Lunch = The Roly Veitch Trio + Sausage Sarnies
- Mark Williams Trio at the Side Cafe
- NEWS FLASH
- The Way to Go
- Telling It Like It Is
- Everything Happens To Me - It Could Happen to You
- Jazz On A Summer's Day
- Song of Roland. Roly Veitch Trio at the Side Café
- Remembering Keith and Joe
- Brian Fisher - One More One Time by Bill Harper
- Zoot Sims Once Said...
- On The Outside
- I Remember You
- Taking It to The Bridge One More time
- GHQ at GHQ
- Brian Fisher - Coda
- ▼ June ( 32 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.