Bebop Spoken There
“Pure bluegrass music is very akin to jazz in that you really don't play the same tune the same way twice. There's a little improvisation there" - Cal Collins (Jazz Journal June 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Today Thursday December 12
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 1:00pm. 0191 2853429. FREE.
New Orleans in nice pub with 4 real ales, good food and a banjo!
THE TEES HOT CLUB - Dormans, Oxford Rd., Linthorpe, Middlesborough, TS5 5DT. 01642 823813.
Gypsy jazz with guests.
MAINE STREET JAZZMEN - Marquis of Granby, Streetgate, Sunniside, NE16 5ES (on A692) 0191 4880954. Free. 8:45pm.
Good time Dixieland.
STRICTLY SMOKIN' BIG BAND - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 7pm. Free.
Powerhouse big band - good music and good beer. Back January 30.
Sunday Dec 15 Blaydon Jazz Club
Christmas Concert - including our usual DIY buffet (please bring along an item of food to add to the feast)
One of the North's finest straight ahead jazz pianists, Teesside's Jeremy McMurray, joins with Blaydon's own Roly Veitch on guitar, Neil Harland bass and Adam Sinclair drums and brilliant Charlie Parker inspired altoist Mark Toomey for an evening of songbook repertoire. We usually finish at 10.30 but as there will probably be a longer break for the buffet it will probably finish a bit later on Sunday - about 10.45 or thereabouts.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Skylark Flies Over The Rainbow
- ► 2013 ( 1041 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
- Johnny Griffin R.I.P
- Take It To The Bridge - The Chilli
- Meanwhile, Back at The Side...
- Adam Bishop Quartet at The Cluny
- Pee Wee's Blues
- More Canadian Capers - Diana Krall
- Amputation Blues
- Bach Goes to Town. The Virtuoso Trio at Blaydon
- The Buddy Greco Show - Gala Theatre Durham
- Life Goes To a Punch-up
- Come Sway With Me - Michael Bublé at The Arena. ...
- Skylark Flies Over The Rainbow
- William Bone-Hardy R.I.P.
- Pleasant Surprises at the Chilli Arms
- Benny Green on Brubeck
- Rae Brothers New Orleans Jazz Band at Tynemouth
- Bratislava Hot Serenaders at Tynemouth
- Jazz in the Afternoon at Tynemouth
- Vieux Carre at Tynemouth
- MaMa & the Kids at Tynemouth
- Chicago Stompers at Tynemouth
- This I had to Hear!
- The Benny Goodman Story Part 2
- Gene autrey Rides Again
- Remember When
- Barry's Birthday Bash - Chilli Arms
- Inspiration is Where you Find it
- Red Hot Rhythm Makers at Cullercoats
- Kings Reign in Rain
- You Can Choose Your Friends ...
- Papa's Got A Brand New Haircut
- If Shirley Horn Had Been Born in Tokyo...
- Gender Bender
- ▼ July ( 33 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.