Bebop Spoken There
“Pure bluegrass music is very akin to jazz in that you really don't play the same tune the same way twice. There's a little improvisation there" - Cal Collins (Jazz Journal June 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Sunday Dec 15 Blaydon Jazz Club
Christmas Concert - including our usual DIY buffet (please bring along an item of food to add to the feast)
One of the North's finest straight ahead jazz pianists, Teesside's Jeremy McMurray, joins with Blaydon's own Roly Veitch on guitar, Neil Harland bass and Adam Sinclair drums and brilliant Charlie Parker inspired altoist Mark Toomey for an evening of songbook repertoire. We usually finish at 10.30 but as there will probably be a longer break for the buffet it will probably finish a bit later on Sunday - about 10.45 or thereabouts.
Today Friday December 13.
No Session this week - British Legion Club, Coatsworth Rd., Gateshead. 8:30pm.
Back next week.
MAINE STREET JAZZMEN - Gateshead Fell Cricket Club, Eastwood Gdns. (off Dryden Rd., Low Fell NE9 5UB. 8:30pm.
Private functions in December back on December 27..
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Two Bass Hat - This Week at The Chilly
- ► 2013 ( 1042 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
- Ruthless in York by Liz
- 'This and That' by Roly
- John Etheridge Trio North - Corner House, Heaton.
- Four Brothers
- Take it to the Bridge at the Chilli
- My Buddy - Buddy Rich
- Jim Mullen and Friends at the Side Café
- Three Piece Sweet - Roly Veitch
- Voice of the North Jazz Orchestra at Georgian Thea...
- Mama Does Allow at Ashington
- Bess, You Is My Woman Now
- "Mama Don't Allow" at Guide Post.
- Good Vibes At The Not So Chilly Chilli This Week!
- A Nice Day in Cullercoats - Report by John Taylor
- Jim Mullen - My Ship
- Andy Champion - HCW - Jam Session at the Side Café...
- Herbie Hancock - Sage, Gateshead 14 Nov.
- Spotlight on Spotlite
- Another Tribute to Clem.
- An Ear to the Ground
- Keith Nicholls' Blue Six Plus at the Saville Excha...
- Ken Vandermark, Barry Guy & Mark Sanders at the St...
- Paul Edis/Graeme Wilson/Paul Gamblin w. Jeremy McM...
- One Bass Hit. Barry Guy at Newcastle Uni.
- Two Bass Hat - This Week at The Chilly
- Gerry Richardson's Big Idea at Newcastle College. ...
- Ruth Lambert Quintet at the Side Café
- Miriam Makeba R.I.P
- Keith Stephens' Hot Club Trio - New CD
- Take It To The Bridge at The Chillingham
- Graham Hardy Trio at the Side Café
- Ruth Lambert Trio at Quadrata Café (Where?)
- Farewell Friend. Roly Veitch Pays Tribute to Clem ...
- Rebecca Kilgore & Dave Frishberg by Liz
- Clare Teal Gets Happy at Gala Theatre Durham by Ji...
- Alan Nicholson R.I.P
- Tribute to Allan Ganley from John Taylor
- Gateshead Jazz Festival 2009
- ▼ November ( 38 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.