Bebop Spoken There
“Pure bluegrass music is very akin to jazz in that you really don't play the same tune the same way twice. There's a little improvisation there" - Cal Collins (Jazz Journal June 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Today Wednesday December 11
Sitters in welcome.
RAE BROS. NEW ORLEANS JAZZ BAND - Springwell Village Hall, Fell Rd., Gateshead NE9 7RP. 0191 4162630. 9pm.
Classic New Orleans.
JAZZ ESQUIRES -Black Horse, 68 Front St, Monkseaton, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear NE25 8DPPhone:0191 253 69311pm. Free.
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN -Crescent Club, 1 Hudleston, Cullercoats NE30 3OS. 1pm. Free.
New Orleans Jazz. Raffles and a jolly afternoon.
JAZZ AT THE BAY- Cleveland Bay pub, 718 Yarm Rd., Eaglescliffe, TS16 0JE 01642 780275. 9pm.
The Teesside Hot Club swinging at the Bay.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Monster Big Band From Up North and I Mean North!
- ► 2013 ( 1041 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- Haftor Medboe Group - Cluny.
- Zoe Gilby Band at The Side Café
- The Complete Discs To Die For (to date)
- No Time For Jive
- Jazz 625 - Dizzy Gillespie Quintet
- Isle of Wight Jazz Festival Cancelled.
- A Funny Valentine - The Story of Chet Baker told b...
- Sheila Jordan Radio 3
- Clare Tea-Towel @ Customs House South Shields
- Coronation Street Jumps.
- Budvivar @ The Chillingham
- Abie, Abie, Abie, My Boy - The Song is Jew
- Customs House Big Band and Ruth Lambert
- Monster Big Band From Up North and I Mean North!
- Mark Williams Trio at the Side Café
- Charlie Galbraith
- Pete Volpe
- Northern Voices
- Joshua Redman Trio - Guy Barker Jazz Orchestra.
- Meanwhile, Somewhere East of Suez... Colin A.
- Sheila Jordan - Gateshead Jazz Festival
- The Voice in Jazz. Report from Jim McD.
- Saturday Afternoon at the Gateshead Jazz Festival
- The Music of Duke Ellington & Billy Strayhorn - No...
- Nigel Stanger Update by Germaine
- Festival Frontline
- Defining Moments - Earl Bostic
- Welcome Back Darren. Chilli..
- Cormac Loane - Whatever Became of?
- Ruth Lambert & Friends - an Intimate Soirée at the...
- Remembering Nigel Stanger
- Q: How do you know when a bass solo has ended? A: ...
- Four Piece Sweet & Swing City Trio - Saville Excha...
- Free Spirits, Corner House Hotel, Thursday 12 Marc...
- Late Night Jazz At The Hilton
- "Thoughts and Recollections" - The Claude Werner Q...
- Alan Glen - A Tough Act To Follow But Not Impossib...
- Highfield Hotel News
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen at Cullercoats Crescent Club -...
- Benny rides again in Hong Kong - from Colin Aitchi...
- Malcolm Saul Info Wanted.
- Steve Waterman Quartet - Side Café
- Vieux Carré Go On-Line
- Steve Waterman, Issie Barratt & the VOTNJO. Sunder...
- BBC Big Band - Sunderland Campus
- Bebop Taught Here - Egglescliffe School Jazz Quart...
- Splinter - Corner House, Heaton.
- Ruth Lambert & Friends at Ashington Jazz Club. Rep...
- Take It To The Bridge. No SNAFU tonight.
- The Village Vanguard
- Jimmy Witherspoon, Don Weller - Going to Kansas Ci...
- Bheki Mseleku
- Roly Veitch Trio - Side Café
- An Ian Carr Memory From Jack Goodwin
- Julian Siegel w. Paul Edis Trio. Highfield Hotel, ...
- ▼ March ( 56 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.