Bebop Spoken There
“He [Rollins] would talk to you as if he was one of your mates." - Pat Crumly (Jazz Journal May 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Today Friday December 6
MAC RAE's NEW ORLEANS STOMPERS - British Legion Club, Coatsworth Rd., Gateshead. 8:30pm.
Vintage New Orleans.
MAINE STREET JAZZMEN - Gateshead Fell Cricket Club, Eastwood Gdns. (off Dryden Rd., Low Fell NE9 5UB. 8:30pm.
Private functions in December back on December 27..
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Customs House Big Band w. Ruth Lambert @ The New Crown, South Shields.
- ► 2013 ( 1022 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- Tina May @ The Green Man, London
- Déjà Vu
- End of a Love Affair - Helen Merrill
- Partisans - Prologue.
- The Mighty Joe Young Band - City Hall 1961
- Paul Edis Sextet @ Blaydon Jazz Club
- More What's New
- Ian Forbes' Photos
- Budvivar Still Groovin' High.
- The Lemondrop Kid.
- River City Jazzmen @ Royal British Legion Club, We...
- What's New?
- R.I.P. Steve Race.
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen @ The Corner House
- Live from Detroit - LeeBop. Tribute to Lee Morgan....
- Snippets from Russell.
- A Tale of the Unexpected. Nick Gill's Byzantines @...
- Any One For Tenors? Budvivar @ Northumberland Tenn...
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's South Shield...
- Hurry! Hurry! You've got half an hour to get to Mi...
- All's Well That End's Well. Take It To The Bridge ...
- Jazz Esquires @ The Porthole, North Shields
- Zoe Gilby Trio @ The Boardwalk Café - June 12.
- Memories from Mal Maddock
- Fancy a Pizza, Roly?
- R.I.P. Charlie Mariano
- Whisper Not - Benny Golson's @ Ronnies.
- R.I.P. Jack Nimitz
- Second Set Corner House
- DON ARMSTRONG IN TOWN - Vieux Carré Jazzmen @ the ...
- Bill McHenry Quintet Live @ the Village Vanguard
- Bejazzled @ York. What a swell party that was - by...
- 2+2= Infinity. Bridge Hotel, Newcastle.
- R.I.P. HUEY LONG of the Inkspots
- Monk @ Town Hall - the Charles Tolliver Tentet
- Janusz Carmillo w. Jeremy McMurray Quartet @ Blayd...
- Maine Street Jazzmen w. Mike Bird @ Rosie Malone's...
- Alan Glen Trio/Take It To The Bridge/Zoe Gilby
- Happy Birthday Mike Gilby
- Tell It To Me Like It Is
- Latest Blaydon News
- Roger Myerscough w. Vieux Carré Jazzmen @ Corner H...
- Summertime in the City.
- Rendezvous Jazz @ The Piper, Cullercoats. June 6.
- Steve Melling-Clark Tracey Septet @ Darlington Art...
- Steve Waterman's Ten Piece Project @ Saltburn Comm...
- Blues For Mister Charlie (Carmichael).
- Tenor Men - a kind of a poem.
- The Pasadena Roof Orchestra - Alnwick Playhouse (M...
- Darlington's The Place to be - Tomorrow Night.
- "You're An Unlucky Guy" - Becky Kilgore not at Nai...
- Zoe Gilby Quartet @ Ashington Jazz Club
- Evoking a Feeling on a Quiet Night in Heaton.
- Customs House Big Band w. Ruth Lambert @ The New C...
- Humble Beginnings
- Blues In The Night
- Alter Ego @ Queens Hall, Hexham. May 29.
- ▼ June ( 57 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.