Bebop Spoken There
“Pure bluegrass music is very akin to jazz in that you really don't play the same tune the same way twice. There's a little improvisation there" - Cal Collins (Jazz Journal June 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Today Wednesday December 11
Sitters in welcome.
RAE BROS. NEW ORLEANS JAZZ BAND - Springwell Village Hall, Fell Rd., Gateshead NE9 7RP. 0191 4162630. 9pm.
Classic New Orleans.
JAZZ ESQUIRES -Black Horse, 68 Front St, Monkseaton, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear NE25 8DPPhone:0191 253 69311pm. Free.
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN -Crescent Club, 1 Hudleston, Cullercoats NE30 3OS. 1pm. Free.
New Orleans Jazz. Raffles and a jolly afternoon.
JAZZ AT THE BAY- Cleveland Bay pub, 718 Yarm Rd., Eaglescliffe, TS16 0JE 01642 780275. 9pm.
The Teesside Hot Club swinging at the Bay.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Hamlet without the Prince of Denmark is stiil a good Play. The MAINE STREET JAZZMEN @ Rosie's.
- ► 2013 ( 1041 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- Tonight @ The Cherry Tree
- HAQ @ Splinter @ The Bridge. February 28
- Alex Welsh photo details wanted.
- Didn't HAQ it tonight - HAQ @ The Bridge
- Jammin' @ The Jazz Café
- THOSE PORTHOLE BLUES AGAIN by Keith Armstrong.
- Ossie Riani by Peter Riani
- I WENT TO CHURCH ON FRIDAY – TO HEAR THE JAZZ RASC...
- Elaine Binney & The Jazz Rascals @ Durant Hall
- New Century Ragtime Orchestra update from Phil
- If You Gotta Get a Dep Get the Best
- Jazz Rascals to record live session.
- Dearly Beloved
- First Gig of a new residency for the Maine Street ...
- You can buy just about anything on eBay
- SHE’S GOT SWING! Cherry Tree Restaurant
- More Edis tonight at the Cherry Tree
- Paul Edis Sextet @ The Bridge. Sunday 20th Februar...
- Off The Leash Take It To The Bridge and Elsewhere
- Penguin Café & Portico Quartet @ The Sage
- Jazz Café Jam
- Matt Monro - We`re Gonna Change The World
- Paul Gamblin Memorial
- Don't Miss Out on This One!
- Where are the George Shearing tributes?
- Hank Mobley on Jazz Library Today
- Alister Spence Trio w. Raymond MacDonald @ The Lit...
- Rendezvous Jazz @ The Porthole.
- Snippets of Jazz on Women's Hour
- Ernie Jackson on Tony Scott
- Bell & Bucket Jazz Band @ The Bell & Bucket, Norfo...
- Not a Vintage Spice
- Gillespiana @ King's Head, Crouch End
- The Saddest Possible Day. Farewell Sir George
- Fundraising at Newbiggin w. Keith Stephen Trio & C...
- Some Reporters Have Priority Issues - Grammy Award...
- Tonight at the Cherry Tree
- Legohead @ The Bridge
- No Time For Jive @ Central Bar - Gateshead.
- No Jitterbugging Allowed
- Jazz is Where You Find It
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Jazz at the Fell @ the Legi...
- Let's Fall In Love
- A History of Jazz in Newcastle by John Pearce.
- First Newcastle JATP Concert.
- RIP Don Ferrara
- Musicon Durham Jazz Festival
- Hamlet without the Prince of Denmark is stiil a go...
- IKE ISAACS by Maurice Summerfield
- Love Is Here To Stay
- Durham Jazz Festival
- Bill Harper on Joe Young.
- 1939 DownBeat Readers Poll
- Zoe Gilby Quartet @ Ashington Jazz Club Feb 2.
- A chance to relive the Creole Choir of Cuba
- NEJC & Friends Beerdorado Tour - Saturday 5th Feb
- The Safe Sextet (all five of them) @ The Bridge
- Jazz Café Jam
- Elvis Lives in Gateshead via Romania!
- The Chicken's Last Stand @ Ned Kelly's.
- Poetry's Second Life. Northern Stage
- Stan Tracey Duo/Trio @ Darlington Arts Centre. Feb...
- Secular Saturday
- Greetings From Our Man in Hong Kong
- Congratulations are in the offing.
- Darlo Doings
- Goodbye Tony Levin
- Maine Street @ Rosie's
- Sarah Gillespie @ Cluny 2. February 2nd
- Justin Hayford - fanning the flame.
- Customs House Big Band @ The New Crown, South Shie...
- Tonight - Schmazz at Cluny 2
- Update on Jazz At The Fell
- New York Walk - Derek Nash
- ▼ February ( 76 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.