Bebop Spoken There
“Is that his [Digby Fairweather] real name? I could use a name like that. Do you think he would trade it with me?" - Lee Konitz (Jazz Journal May 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Today Monday December 9
Good food and classy live sounds.
JAZZ IN THE AFTERNOON - Crescent Club, 1 Hudleston, Cullercoats NE30 3OS. 1pm. Free.
Classic Jazz, Raffles and a jolly afternoon.
Tuesday, August 02, 2011
CD Review: Good Days at Schloss Elmau - Gwilym Simcock
- ► 2013 ( 1034 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- R.I.P. Margaret Falcus - a great voice.
- CD Review: Viktoria Tolstoy - Letters to Herbie.
- Jazz in the Afternoon at the Crescent Club, Culler...
- New Kids on the Block at Jazz Café
- Another One Bites The Dust
- Starter For Ten by David Nicholls
- Bank Holiday Blues Bonanza at Star and Shadow Cine...
- Walkin' The Dog.
- Steve Fishwick Quartet @ Hoochie Coochie
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie's.
- Guardian Music 6 Hour Spotify Jazz Playlist
- Tonight at the Hoochie Coochie
- Warners' Original Album Series.
- Mo Scott w. Stuart Collingwood Trio @ The Cherry T...
- THANK YOU, RUTH, I WON YOUR CD AT THE JAZZATHON!
- Tonight @ The Cherry Tree Resturant, 9 Osborne Rd....
- Jumpin' Jazzathon!
- Jazzathon 2011 - Lit and Phil East African Appeal....
- CD Review: The Moon, The Stars and You - Nils Land...
- Bill Croft Tracked Down!
- Maine Street Jazzmen and Chips @ Rosie's!
- Wilbur's Fate @ The Head of Steam, Newcastle. Augu...
- Carmen McRae Guess Who I Saw Today
- FAREWELL TO A LEGEND by Eddie Sammons
- The Guardian - Eric Delaney Obituary.
- Wilbur's Fate - a New Project.
- Jazz Café Jam Session
- You Ain't Nuttin' but a Horndog!
- CD Review: Jacqui Dankworth "It Happens Quietly" -...
- Hoochie Coochie hits the ground running with Zoe G...
- R.I.P. Richard Turner.
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosies
- Vive la difference! (Holiday Jazz)
- Jazz Action @ The Stockton Weekender. August 7. Pa...
- Revolver - SoundCloud - Jazz! by Keith Armstrong
- Jazz Action @ The Stockton Weekender, August 7 - ...
- CD Review: Loud City - Vasilis Xenopoulos & The Xt...
- Jazz Action @ The Stockton Weekender. August 7th -...
- Ruth Lambert w. Stuart Collingwood Trio @ The Cher...
- Elaine Binney and the Jazz Rascals at Blyth Beach ...
- Jazz Café Moments.
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Ashington Jazz Club August ...
- On the Road to Ruth.
- Scarborough lose Loussier - Gain Rees-Williams.
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie's.
- CD Review: Shizaru - The Naked Truth
- Hot and Cool with Ian Shaw and Clare Teal in Harro...
- Happy Birthday Tony - 85 today!
- The Stars Really Will Fall on Stockton This Sunday...
- Sarah Ellen Hughes Big Band
- CD Review: Good Days at Schloss Elmau - Gwilym Sim...
- Tonight's Shields Gazette
- Mendelssohn must do ok on royalties!
- Identity Parade!
- Tonight @ The Cherry Tree.
- ▼ August ( 56 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.