Bebop Spoken There
“He [Rollins] would talk to you as if he was one of your mates." - Pat Crumly (Jazz Journal May 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Today Sunday December 8.
Zoe takes her new album - Twelve Stories on the road. Gig and album highly recommended.
Possibly a new direction for Alan Law...
NICK PRIDE (Solo jazz guitar) - Cherry Tree Restaurant, 9 Osborne Rd., Jesmond, Newcastle NE2 2AE. 12:45pm. 0191 2399924.
Good food accompanied by good music.
MUSICIANS UNLIMITED - Park Inn, Hartlepool. 12pm-3pm.
Swinging big band charts.
Monday, February 13, 2012
Update on Great North Big Band Jazz Festival
- ► 2013 ( 1027 )
- CD Review - Kekko Fornarelli Trio: Kube Room of Mi...
- Ray Stubbs on Louisiana Red.
- ACV @ Cluny 2. February 28
- Hong Kong Happenings
- CD Review. Zoe Rahman - Kindred Spirits.
- Preview - Marcus Roberts @ The Gateshead Internati...
- I Get a Kick Out of Ruth @ The Cherry Tree.
- R.I.P Louisiana Red
- Tonight at the Cherry Tree.
- Where Are You? Joe Montague Quartet - Splinter @ T...
- Jazz Café Sunday
- Tonight @ The Bridge and elsewhere
- R.I.P Red Holloway
- Favourite YouTube Clips.
- Djangologie @ The Corner House. February 23.
- Martha High and Speedometer @ Hoochie Coochie. Thu...
- Mike Papapavlou & Ruairidh Patfield @ King’s Hall,...
- RIP Frank Carson
- Betty Carter - Social Call
- Tomorrow night - Surfeit of Riches.
- Student Performances @ King's Hall, Newcastle Univ...
- Congratulations to John and Jenn
- CD Review. Curtis Stigers - Let's go Out Tonight.
- Paul Edis Sextet CD Launch details
- Peter Papprill Funeral Arrangements - Thursday Feb...
- Ex Extreme - Splinter @ The Bridge (Hotel). Sunday...
- Tonight @ The Cherry Tree
- All Party Parliamentary Jazz Appreciation Group Aw...
- More on BBC 4's Jazz Weekend
- CD Review - Paul Edis Sextet: There Will Be Time
- FRIDAY NIGHT JAZZ ON BBC4 – I DIDN’T FORGET IT
- Jazz on BBC4 tonight.
- The Exchange Orchestra - Download review.
- Goodbye Pete Papprill
- Bebside Big Band @ St.Nicholas Church Hall, Gosfor...
- Mo Scott Band @ Hoochie Coochie.
- Good Blues Tonight at Hoochie Coochie
- Update on Sheila Jordan Story
- Close enough for jazz
- A Look Ahead to GIJF - The Peggy Lee Project
- CD Review: Andrew Linham Quartet - Abandoned Sile...
- CD Review: Seamus Blake Quintet Live at Smalls
- Wilbur’s Fate @ The Bridge Hotel. February 12.
- Update on Great North Big Band Jazz Festival
- Elaine Binney and the "Carnival of Crows." Wooden...
- Goodbye Whitney Houston.
- Use it or Lose it - Grass Roots Jazz in crisis.
- Happy Birthday Eric
- Claude Calling.
- Kate Peters Septet @ Hoochie Coochie - Thursday Fe...
- Sidney Bechet on Tyneside.
- We need some gigs like this up here!
- CD Review: Greg Spero – ‘Acoustic’ blujazz 2011...
- Customs House Big Band Open Rehearsal New Crown Ho...
- Situations Vacant
- Greg Spero to Play Zeffirelli's
- BBC 4 Jazz Weekend.
- The Jazz Series (Scottish).
- 10th Anniversary Line up announced for this year’s...
- Identify the tenor player.
- Hemsley Arts Centre's First Jazz 'n' Swing Weekend...
- God is in the house. Paul Edis Trio @ Cherry Tree ...
- CD Review. Renegade Brass Band - Radio Rebelde.
- Tonight at the Cherry Tree.
- Causeway Update.
- Anth Purdy @ The King’s Arms, Seaton Sluice. Sunda...
- Renegade Brass Band @ Hoochie Coochie
- Multiple Choices Today
- Symphonic Django @ Cadogan Hall, Chelsea. Friday F...
- Nicholas Brothers. The greatest dance sequence.
- CD Review: Various Artists - Spiritual Jazz 2: Eur...
- Simon Spillett @ The Corner House
- An Invitation From Brian Bennett (OBE?)
- Tomorrow night - Thursday Feb. 2 - at Corner House...
- Blaydon Bulletin
- CD Review: Tommy Smith Youth Jazz Orchestra - "Eme...
- ▼ February ( 77 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.